We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Partnership Communications Manager to join the Team, reporting into the Head of Partner and Event Communications.
As an established communications professional, you will have previous experience in Sport Partner Management or Communications functions and will be part of a group that act as expert consultants to the Partnership Activation team in the areas of Communications, Team brand standards and Team tone of voice.
You will have a strong technical understanding of the sport and the ability to translate a partnership narrative in to a compelling and relevant campaign or activation.
- Work collaboratively with the F1 and Esports Partnership Activation Teams and the Merchandising and Licensing Team to bring communications and brand compliance guidance to the process of asset delivery and activation
- Support the approvals process of Partner output, ensuring adherence/alignment to the Team’s brand standards
- Assist the Partnership Activation Team with the provision of creative solutions for activations, content creation, campaigns, whilst ensuring the appropriate balance with Team and other Partner output
- Develop engaging narratives to assist Partners in telling their stories, from delivering on existing messaging to co-developing a narrative, and being able to recognise authentic synergies between Partner and Team
- Lead the digital integration of Partner content and activations on the Team’s platforms, ensuring all internal stakeholders are engaged and output is maximised
- Work with the Social team to improve the integration of Team merchandise on Team channels, as well as identifying opportunities in this area
- Work with the Head of Digital to measure and report Partner-specific performance metrics from content output on the Team’s platforms, and provide insights to the Partnerships team to drive implementation improvement
- Act as the F1 technical specialist for the Partner Communications function, and using this knowledge to find authentic technical stories for Partners to leverage
- Lead the writing and editorial responsibilities for the Partner Communications function, including:
- Development and creation of written case studies
- Leading all new Partnership announcements, including writing of press releases, FAQs, backgrounders
- Support with Partner newsletter editorial requirements
- Create messaging briefings for Team representatives ahead of in-person Partner appearances and content creation
- Support with Partner media activity, including provision of media contacts, briefing of media, proactive Team output to media and attendance at Partner activations as appropriate to manage media activity
- Support with effective and successful onboarding of new partners, ensuring clear understanding of Team tone of voice, brand values and brand standards
- First-class organisational and time management skills with a sound attention to detail
- Ability to work in consulting and supporting role to other departments and team members
- Experience of creative storytelling and writing
- Excellent inter-personal skills and strong team mind-set
- Ideally a German speaker, languages an advantage
- High level of Formula One knowledge and enthusiasm
- Flexibility in working hours and approach is required along with the ability to work under minimum supervision with a “can do” team attitude
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes company car lease scheme, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.