British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post:
37 hours per week Salary range circa £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
39 days annual leave (including Bank Holiday and Company days) + 2 wellbeing days a year + weekly exercise and wellbeing hours
This is a dual based working from home and at Lilleshall National Sports Centre, near Newport, Shropshire, for a minimum of 2 days per week.
Role Summary: The E-commerce Manager will be accountable for the operational delivery of the British Gymnastics e-commerce strategy and will manage the on-line retail presence throughout the whole retail cycle. Please refer to the Role profile for further details.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Working collaboratively with the Commercial Director, contribute to the development of the BG e-commerce strategy, aligned to corporate goals, revenue target, ensuring all products with an e-commerce ability, and the needs of all communities, are represented in the strategy product development and promotion plans.
- Data driven/ analytical, using insight/data to understand the demographic targets, search engine traffic,customer needs and preferences, informing the strategic planning process, plans and frameworks.
- Working with software developers,copywriters,and graphic designers to develop the on-line shop, performance of platforms, in-line with the e-commerce strategy ensuring technologies and interfaces are current,user friendly and run smoothly.
- Keeping up to date with technologies and trends.Current knowledge of legislation; (consumer, data protection), ensuring all policies and practices are compliant.
- Financial planning and budget preparation; accountable for the trading performance of the store, working with Finance and Accounts to ensure sales check-out, payment and financial reporting processes and procedures are real time and fit for purpose.
- Managing third parties and contractors aligned to the strategy; working with the Procurement Team;Lead stakeholder on any related procurement activities
- Review performance and practices to meet and evolve organisational needs, managing product development, Implementing/monitoring marketing campaigns in line with the annual plan
- Managing all day-to-day operational administration of the online store,e.g customer service queries, returns, picking errors, investigate /resolve issues at source
- Ensure the look and feel of the shop is current, including uploading promotions, new stock introductions,Back-office functions including stock levels, financial transactions, data capture, site security
- Representing the interests of e-commerce activities at relevant meetings Managing sales growth and revenues: Implementing and monitoring strategies to drive up (ATV (UPT), (ASP), Margin and Profit
- Develop additional sales channels (“add-ons”, “other customers also bought”, “abandoned basket” reminders) continuously reviewing products and performance, use discount and promotions appropriately to maximise sales.
- Managing 3rd parties e.g (resellers, manufacturers, order fulfilment and distribution),Scheduling and leading on regular contract management meetings, addressing any performance issues in a timely manner.
- Managing and reporting on SLAs and KPIs.
The Person; Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of hands-on management of an on-line sales platform and ideally formal qualifications in retail or sales management and/or e-commerce management
- A good understanding and current working knowledge of online sales and marketing strategies, online sales platforms, relevant legislation/frameworks e.g.Consumer Rights, Modern Slavery, VAT
- Good business acumen and proven ability to drive sales, lateral thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Best practice experience of customer service, product development, NPI, stock management, campaign management, continuous improvement.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills, able to effectively analyse complex data and manage financials.
- Personal impact and credibility with excellent written and oral communication skills, strong influencing and negotiating skills and able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including stakeholders, cross functional teams, and 3rd party providers.
- An effective administrator with good time-management, planning and organisations skill – attention to detail is essential for contractual relationships, customer interface, working within legislative frameworks and managing multiple/simultaneous sales, marketing and NPI plans.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, able to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
An Enhanced DBS will be required for the post.
How to apply
- To apply for this post, click ‘Apply Now’ to upload your CV and covering letter. Please include in your covering letter details of how you meet the requirements of the role, as outlined in the Role Profile.Please note your Covering Letter and CV will need to be uploaded as one document.
- We value diversity of views and contributions and have a strong commitment to equality and inclusion. We aspire to have a workforce that is diverse and representative of all sections of society. We are particularly keen to receive applications from women, people with disabilities, people from ethnically diverse communities, people from the LGBTQ+ community because these groups are often under-represented within our workforce.
As part of our monitoring process, we ask for your support in completing our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
*Closing date for applications: Midnight on 12th September 2023*
**Interview dates: 21st & 22nd September 2023**