A new position has been created of Development Director to join the Executive group of Wales Lacrosse and oversee the implementation of Lacrosse development within Wales.
Wales Lacrosse is a small National Governing Body, supporting the development of lacrosse at all levels within Wales and for those of Welsh heritage.
Professional: We set high standards and expectations on and off the pitch, always acting with integrity.
Dynamic: We bring positive attitudes, energy and innovation to all training and performance.
Inclusive: We celebrate the strength of diversity, valuing everyone involved in our work, regardless of ability, race, beliefs or sexual orientation.
- Create and monitor a development plan in line with our current strategy.
- Build relationships with key elements of the strategy. University, Club, Schools
- To continue the work on coaching “credaou” ensuring excellence in coaching delivery.
- Establish 3 development hubs across Wales.
- Develop and implement systems and methodologies to evaluate the success of the development programmes
- Lead the Development Committee
- Ensure and promote equality of opportunity, respecting diversity and recognising the needs of different groups and individuals
- Oversee the recruitment and retention of a team of development coaches to support the programme and deliver our vision of lacrosse in Wales
- Oversee the expansion of Dragons holiday camps
- Write grant applications to relevant agencies.
- Monitor and report to agencies on progress with programmes developed using grant funding.
- Previous experience of working in a development management role.
- A proven track record of creating development programmes
- Able to work effectively, using excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, ability to prioritise and meet timescales.
- Innovative approaches to addressing challenges
- Ability to reflect upon work to create positive change
- Previous lacrosse experience is not necessary.
- IT literate.
Remuneration is based on a day rate relative to specific events and projects. Some travel expenses and accommodation costs are covered.
To apply and for further information please send your CV with a short covering letter to email@example.com by 31st July. Online interviews will take place from 8th August.