In its first eight seasons, Formula E has crowned seven different champions and celebrated 23 winners in 100 races. With more automotive manufacturers on the grid than any other motorsport, the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship is one of the world’s most compelling racing series and enters its ninth season as the fastest growing sport on the planet.
But we’re more than a race; Formula E was founded to counteract climate change by accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles and as an unparalleled proving ground for race-to-road electric vehicle technologies. In Season 9, our ambition has grown as has our vision to accelerate sustainable human progress through an all out race for better futures. The only sport certified net zero carbon since inception, Formula E is a beacon for fans who want to enjoy edge-of-seat racing today at the same time as having a positive effect on the world tomorrow.
Formula E is a unique fusion of world class sport, sustainability, and cutting edge technology on a global stage. Season 9 signals the start of the Gen3 era in the sport with the debut of the third generation race car – the fastest, lightest, most powerful and efficient electric race car ever built. Formula E will also go further than ever before in Season 9 with 18 races in 13 iconic world cities.
Working with us
At Formula E, we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and, whilst we are passionate about delivery, we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
Leading on select Formula E World Championship Races.
Responsible for the planning and delivery of established Championship events. You will project manage the lifecycle of select events on the Formula E World Championship calendar from the beginning of the planning phase to the completion of the event closure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for delivering a safe and successful event according to the specifications of an FE Event
- Knowledge of the ‘ins and outs’ of the event and the event location, incl. social, economic and environmental factors
- Coordinating the cross-departmental planning process based on the intricacies and objectives of the respective event locations
- Implementation of event-specific planning tools and communication streams
- High-level budget control of the event, detailed budget management of owned budget lines
- Identification and management of the event’s risk profile and development of communication and mitigation procedures, where required
- Internal upward reporting of the status of the event planning
- Establishment and implementation of event-specific planning tools and communication streams
- Ensuring leads come together as one team to deliver the event
- Liaising with other FE Event Directors and Senior Managers to ensure a consistent approach across all events
- Challenge internal teams to improve event P&L
- Management of local stakeholders in the event including, but not limited to, local team, local authorities, venue, and local businesses
- Representation of Formula E with local stakeholders of the event
- Contract manage the Local Team responsible for the production of the event in conjunction with FE Project Management representative
Event Growth & Commercial
- Identification and development of local sales and commercial initiatives with the FE Commercial team
- Develop appropriate pricing strategy for the local markets in collaboration with internal departments
- Identification of opportunities to improve, grow and make the event more (cost-) efficient in the local market over future years
- Develop the scope of the event to reflect FE values and ambitions
- Develop host city relations to secure long term event stability
- Working knowledge of MS Office and program management software (e.g. Smartsheet, Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- Good knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Intellectual capability equivalent to degree level
- Advanced understanding of project / programme management methods
- Clear appreciation of the dynamics of sporting organisations
- Hands-on experience driving resourceful and focused projects with the ability to demonstrate results
- Proven experience in similar position managing complex temporary events of a significant scale across a variety of international markets
- Ability to oversee multi-stakeholder delivery team and an understanding of the challenges faced
- Ability to recognize and contribute to strategic, tactical and operational activities
- Experience working within Motorsport is desirable
Skills and Aptitudes required
- Clear and effective communicator with outstanding relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent organisational, management and leadership skills
- Commercial acumen with a strategic ability
- Ability to work autonomously in pressured environments
- Willingness to travel is essential, often for sustained periods and at short notice
- Must respect and embrace and consistently demonstrate FE’s values
- Emotional dexterity
The small print…
Before applying, please make sure you read the Formula E Privacy Notice available on our website: https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/jobs
We receive a high number of applications per role and therefore ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields.