About LDN UTD
LDN UTD is the esports org co-owned by Connor Ball. LDN UTD unites professional esports and grassroots gaming with a healthy lifestyle and social issues and has previously held physical and online campaigns around racism, knife crime, diversity, nutrition, loneliness and education, working with stakeholders including the Mayor of London, the Rio Ferdinand Foundation, Bloomsbury Football, Matchroom Sport, and charities including Street League. LDN UTD also develops incredible players from all backgrounds and offers them a platform to play at their best, whilst using professional rosters to amplify and raise awareness around the most important issues in the world today. We have grassroots rosters in Fortnite, League of Legends and FIFA, with a tier 1 Valorant roster in the VCT.
About the role
We’re looking for someone with experience in esports who can vocalise our position on the social challenges facing the global community in a way that feels authentic. We want to continue to build a fandom that believes esports can be a platform for good, and our social media manager is the person to lead that. You’ll have major autonomy over our content messaging from day one, and a key role in working to develop our digital platforms.
Day to day:
- Implementation of a consistent tone of voice for LDN UTD across our social platforms.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of marketing strategies for projects involving the LDN UTD brand and our partners.
- Work closely with our “Head of Content” in the management of content and social publishing.
- Create and maintain an ongoing social calendar for all channels providing social copy, assets and dates.
- Actively communicate with our fans, followers and partners across social channels.
- Match day coverage across social channels.
- Ensure updates from our matches and events are promptly posted across our social channels.
- Analyse trends in the esports and video games space to stay on trend and keep the business informed.
- Produce reports regarding growth and engagement across platforms.
- Assist and advise content creators with their own social media where necessary.
- Work with streamers, pro players and other content creators to build campaigns on social media platforms.
- Seek undiscovered talent and opportunities.
- Be proactive and not reactive.
- Have a sense of humour!
- Experience managing brand or influencer accounts.
- You are driven. You attack everything you get involved in with massive energy.
- You are an active member of the esports and gaming community. You know where to find the hardcore fans online and how to make them laugh.
- You are game and platform agnostic. You like Animal Crossing as much as VALORANT. You see value in console gaming and in PC gaming. You think the Xbox vs. Sony rivalry is silly (it’s obvious which one is better, after all).
- You have a level of creative experience. You’re proficient with image editing software (maybe Adobe Photoshop? Premiere Pro?) – you may even have edited your best friend’s face onto Ashe’s body and tweeted it.
- You’re not afraid of numbers. You know that at the end of the day we’ve got to get the engagement and build our follower base to achieve our goals. You can manage social media analytics data and identify ways to achieve more.
- You’re flexible. You don’t mind working evenings and weekends on occasion. (Days in lieu will be reciprocated)
- You don’t mind getting stuck in. We are a start-up after all!
- Fluent in English with excellent grammar and writing skills.
- UK based and able to work intermittently from our Camden office.
- Join a fast-moving industry and be at the centre of a leading organisation that is going places!
- High impact position with autonomy to shape the business model.
- Work in a high calibre team in a fun, flexible working environment based in Camden, London with the best falafel and kebab shop around the corner.
- Live the true start-up experience and learn how to grow a business from the ground up!
- £22-26k salary.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Company pension.
STARTING DATE ASAP