The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting two constantly evolving national competitions, AFL and AFLW. Our purpose is to progress the game, so everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
We have a strong workforce presence in most States and Territories of Australia including Northern Territory, QLD, NSW / ACT, Victoria and Tasmania.
As the AFL/ AFLW competitions continue to grow and evolve at both the elite and community levels, we are focused on ensuring we attract and retain great people in both permanent and casual roles at all levels and within all areas of our industry.
Importantly, we aim to reflect the communities where our game is played by recruiting locally where possible to strengthen our connection to the ‘grassroots’ of our game. We are also fortunate to have hundreds of passionate volunteers within our industry, offering their time and expertise to help grow our game.
The AFL’s purchase of Marvel Stadium in Docklands, Melbourne, further diversifies our workforce with more than 1000 casual employees to make every moment matter for our fans and customers. ABOUT US
As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary, we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. Please note, we undertake several screening processes to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and firmly believe that diversity and inclusion is an important part of both the AFL and the communities in which we operate. Our game is for everyone, and we strive to be a workplace for everyone.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
About The Role
This role is required to manage the AFL’s relationship with key Corporate Partners with direct leadership for a team of Partnerships Senior Account Managers / Account Managers / Account Coordinators (also responsible for Corporate Partner management).
The role is required to develop a broad understanding of each partner’s business and clear understanding of their specific objectives behind their AFL partnership. The position is responsible for delivering best in class commercial partnerships and developing strategies to achieve Partner objectives while in tandem delivering positive outcomes for fans and the AFL.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility, in conjunction with the Head of Commercial Partnerships, for shaping the Partnership strategy and setting the commercial objectives which will support the Partnerships Team to deliver mutually agreed KPIs.
This successful candidate will work as one with AFL State Partnerships Manager and Marvel Stadium Partnerships Lead to inspire a team of Senior Account Managers/ Account Managers/Coordinators to deliver great results and ensure delivery of integrated and cohesive Partnerships across the entire AFL Ecosystem.
The ability to build strong relationships with key members of AFL departments, plus key members of each partner managed is a critical component of this role.
Day to day sponsorship leverage, public relations, marketing and promotional support to deliver on partner objectives to demonstrate strong ROI is critical.
The role will work pro-actively with the Head of Partnerships and Head of Sales to identify leverage opportunities to enhance their existing partnership and provide support and advice to the Corporate Sales team to collaboratively work together on strategically relevant incremental investment opportunities for partners.
From time to time the role requires after hours or weekend hosting duties.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- The position will be responsible for the AFL fulfilling its contractual responsibilities to key partners in relation to elite AFL and AFLW Competitions and Official AFL Properties and Programs.
- Proactively initiate and drive joint marketing programs and delivering mutually beneficial outcomes to partners and the AFL
- Manage holistic Corporate Partner budgeting and operations as well as stakeholder engagement across a range of AFL Events
- Management of 10 team members, Senior Account Managers / Account Managers / Account Coordinators
- Oversee and support business relationships between the AFL and each partner
- Ensure Senior/Account Managers/Coordinators , yearly objectives of each partnership and key KPI’s are established together with management of ongoing reporting / tracking against objectives
- Ensure the Partnerships Team continually monitor and review partner contractual benefits and conjunction with the Sales Team pro-actively create and present ideas to partners to most effectively utilize and deliver against set objectives
- Ensure effective compilation and presentation of market research and analysis data
- Ensure the successful delivery of weekly, major mid-season & post season presentations for each Corporate Partner
- Assist in renewal discussions with partners when applicable
- Work with the Head of Partnerships to set the agenda and drive the team’s high performance culture
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business, marketing or related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in a sales/marketing/sponsorship management/agency
- Understanding of commercial media
- Understanding of strategic marketing processes
- Experience in analysing market information and developing reports
- Competence in a range of computer programs
- Proven experience leading a team with an ability to prioritise work and hit team agreed KPI’s
- Ability to understand, manage and deliver budget requirements
- Superior communication skills – written, verbal and presentation skills
- Outstanding customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships within the corporate environment
- Results and performance driven
- Personal effectiveness
- ability to influence, collaborate, and engage
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrate enthusiastic, mature and proactive attitude
- Understanding of the AFL Competition , desirable
Please visit www.afl.com.au/careers/our-organisation
We are proudly a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, to see the great benefits that the AFL offers, please visit https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/afl
- Play The Day Your Way – a flexible approach to your working life
- My Development – lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
- Play Well – access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centered around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
- My Benefits – with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
- AFL Silver Memberships – permanent team members can access AFL matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG, enjoy and share the experience of our game with your family and friends!
We care deeply for our people at the AFL with our primary focus being to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all. We strongly encourage and support all AFL team members to be vaccinated (including by receiving booster doses as recommended by the Relevant Authority and/or ATAGI). In addition, we’re committed to utilising other preventative health and safety measures as appropriate and/or as directed by Relevant Authorities to reduce the risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 in our workplaces.
Applications Close: 28 February 2023