The NFL Media group is seeking a Manager, Content distribution & Affiliate Sales to support distribution efforts, strategy and sales for NFL Network, NFL Red Zone, and new content distribution initiatives for NFL Media including NFL Media’s FAST channel.
- Play a key role in developing the strategy and the negotiation of content distribution agreements with new and traditional content platforms, including virtual and facilities based multi-channel programming distributors, as well as new content agreements with established and new digital/OTT platforms.
- Strategic and analytical thinker that is able to understand and communicate high-level concepts and objectives into practical communication, planning and implementation of those objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies for NFL Network, NFL Red Zone, and new content initiatives for NFL Media that grow consumption, drive distribution and increase revenue.
- Liaise with existing and new content distribution partners in an effective and thoughtful way, at a level required for the NFL’s content partners.
- Partner management including post-deal rollouts, operational and compliance efforts, day-to-day interactions with clients, and develop an understanding of client priorities to help identify distribution and partnership opportunities.
- Support NFL Network’s video-on-demand (both VOD and AVOD) and TV everywhere (TVE) offerings.
- Support content distribution process including affiliate authorizations, database management, client hospitality/events, industry/client trade conferences, etc.
- Ability to work and communicate with legal, finance, product and marketing as integral partners in accomplishing objectives.
- 3-5 years of experience in content distribution and affiliate sales or similar position in sports, digital and/or entertainment media.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Affiliate sales and distribution experience preferred
- Adept at communication, client interfacing skills, negotiation and possessing a solid understanding of contracts
- Understanding of broader media landscape and trends
- Experience in sports or cable television industry preferred
- General understanding of emerging content distribution trends and business models
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- Proven ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Proven ability to work as a team member across company divisions.