About the job
Formula E is the pinnacle of electric motorsport; unpredictable, highly competitive open cockpit, open wheel racing in the centre of some of the world’s most iconic cities.
In its first seven seasons, Formula E has crowned 6 different champions and celebrated 21 winners in 84 races. With more automotive manufacturers on the grid than any other motorsport, the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship is one of the world’s most compelling racing series and enters its eighth season as the fastest growing sport on the planet.
But we’re more than a race; Formula E was founded to counteract climate change by accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles and as an unparalleled proving ground for race-to-road electric vehicle technologies. In Season 8, our ambition has grown as has our vision to accelerate sustainable human progress through an all out race for better futures. The only sport certified net zero carbon since inception, Formula E is a beacon for fans who want to enjoy edge-of-seat racing today at the same time as having a positive effect on the world tomorrow.
Working with us
At Formula E, we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and, whilst we are passionate about delivery, we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
As our Gaming Product Manager, you will be involved in one of the most exciting areas of growth for Formula E. Currently in our eighth season of the sport, gaming provides an amazing opportunity for us to engage existing and new fans through innovative products and activations.
The successful candidate will be required to develop relationships with Formula E’s current and future gaming partners. They will be central to the ongoing development and execution of the gaming strategy and roadmap; working with developers and publishers to integrate Formula E’s IP into video game titles and other opportunities in the space. The role will also have a focus on our Accelerate esports proposition and events; both at-events and online. This person will serve as the point of contact between Formula E and our gaming and esports partners.
The role will be responsible for coordinating promotion and marketing of all gaming products and esports events; ensuring maximum reach and awareness amongst the existing Formula E fanbase and new audience segments, driving acquisition for our owned and operated digital platforms. This will involve working collaboratively with internal teams to coordinate content creation and distribution.
What you will be doing
Managing the roadmap for gaming and esports projects, ensuring that they meet fan expectations and continue to evolve in line with industry changes and internal strategic developments. Delivering regular status reports and escalating challenges as appropriate.
Oversight of Gaming Arena, including:
- Managing technical support staff
- Accelerate activations
- Maximising fan participation
- Influencer engagement
Management of new and existing gaming partners:
- Work with current partners to manage their IP requirements
- Push gaming partners to feature FE integrations through competitions/exposure within the game
- Sync marketing, PR and comms across FE and gaming partners
- Proactively engage new partners that can help us meet our objectives
- Support in commercial and contract negotiations
- Develop strong supplier relationships for top-of-the-line gaming simulator equipment
- Support the external and internal hire/purchase of simulators for events
- Develop business proposition for simulator rental
- Own esports racing product development including product design, sourcing and management of partners and business model development
- Work closely with external agency teams to execute on agreed approach; coordinating weekly status meetings and delivering monthly reports to senior management
- Responsible for regular reporting on all Formula E digital channels, working in-hand with internal teams to make appropriate recommendations.
What we are looking for
- A relevant degree is desirable
- A recognised Project Management qualification (e.g. Prince 2, PMI) would be an advantage
- Knowledge and a passion for video games and esports
- Experience of managing multiple projects from strategic conception to execution and analysis
- Experience in delivering events to a high standard, on time and to budget
- Ability to develop comprehensive marketing and promotional plans to deliver gaming or esports products and/or events
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
Skills and aptitudes:
- The ability to collaborate effectively across business functions to understand and prioritise varying product requirements
- Empathy and flexibility to work in an international environment and amongst a diverse international workforce
- Competency in MS Office suite
- Happy to travel and to work during unsociable hours as and when required, including during race weekends.
The small print…
Before applying, please make sure you read the Formula E Privacy Notice available on our website: https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/jobs
We receive a high number of applications per role and therefore ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields.