You will be responsible for raising and maintaining the highest quality of creative work across campaigns that include dozens of critical league initiatives reporting up to the Head of Creative and Content Marketing . In addition, you will collaborate with our lead agency on specific campaigns including the Super Bowl and Cause Marketing (i.e. Inspire Change). You will also be considered a thought leader that regularly engages with our SVP of Marketing, CMO and other internal stakeholders in addition to support ing the growth and development of our people on the Marketing team .
We have worked hard to build a reputation as one of the best marketers across the industry as recognized by our 2021 AdAge Marketer of the Year Award . Creativity and powerful storytelling always sits atop our priority list and everything we do is carefully executed to the highest standards .
As a Sr. Creative Director at the NFL, you are charged with not just maintaining the standard but continually raising it. Seeing every project through completion with an eye to detail, so that our ideas shine through clearly and in an impactful way with our fans all around the world.
We believe that an open and collaborative relationship with each other creates the best work. For the candidate to succeed, you must be as ego-free as humanly possible and be a key contributor to driving a culture where the best idea wins. Our job is to help solve problems and continue to build an environment that enables trust as well as a shared commitment to living up to the league values.
- Write in an engaging, informed and charming way to help solve challenging problems
- Help lead development of best in class creative marketing ideas across key league initiatives
- Partner and collaborate effectively w/ our agency partners – both creative and media
- Develop ideas that cut across any and all platforms (broadcast, social / digital, etc.)
- Work effectively to understand the business of the NFL and areas that we can contribute beyond the existing remit
- Provide a fresh direction and new approach for certain campaigns that have been running for several years
- Demonstrate strong capabilities and familiarity with production across all mediums/platforms
- Help nurture a strong creative and production team internally at the NFL
- Be nimble and efficient with creative output
- Executive presence. Compelling, charismatic speaker, comfortable presenting to NFL Club ownership, the highest leadership within the NFL, and major outward speaking engagements
- Servant leadership: A fundamental team-first leadership philosophy focused on the growth and well-being of the team they serve – collaborative, empathetic, sharing of power and opportunity, helping those on the team develop and perform at their best
- Become a culture carrier across the NFL and within the industry
- Time, schedule and detail management – delivering massive creative output and sharing it early, and efficiently, is the key to sharing the true value of what we do
- The above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities – in the spirit of collaboration and growth, what we’re after is for you to shape and grow your role beyond what’s listed.
- A minimum of 12 years professional experience working with notable companies, agencies and/or brands
- Strong brand-building acumen
- Strong copywriting skills on a variety of campaigns
- Familiarity with design and design direction for motion graphics
- Cultural maven who is “tapped into youth culture”
Salary / Pay Range
This job posting contains a pay range, which represents the range of salaries or hourly rates that the NFL believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting that it might be willing to pay for the posted job in the location(s) specified. The NFL expects to hire for this position near the middle of the range. Only in truly rare and exceptional circumstances, where an external candidate has experience, credentials or expertise that far exceed those required or expected for the position, would the NFL consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range.
Terms / Expected Hours of Work
- NFL employees are required to work 40 hours per week.
- FLSA exempt.
- The NFL maintains a Flexible Workplace Policy that provides members of our workforce with opportunities to periodically work from a location of their choice, while maintaining a priority on in-person work at an NFL office, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.