At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
This role will provide support to regional Global Marketing Partnership teams throughout Asia (Ex-China) in both potential new client acquisition and key client retention.
- Assist to manage and grow the development of NBA Asia marketing partnerships to enhance NBA branding and increase revenue
- Support the MP team in the development of new NBA Asia partners
- Assist to manage marketing partners and marketing programs research needs
- Assist to manage all aspects of partner activations, including creative submissions, business review, event activations, media placements, promotional executions and recaps
- Assist in developing presentation and materials for new marketing partner Quarterly Business Reviews to be implemented
- Assist to educate new partners on the NBA business, business review process and guidelines, ticket and footage request procedures, photo access and downloads, etc.
- Assist to ensure CRM processes, including prospect list and account profiles, are current for all Marketing Partners
- Assist in Business Development research, outreach and sales efforts, when necessary
- Take on ad hoc projects as needed
- Coordinate with various teams to process due diligence for various partners and entities|
- Good understanding of sports and entertainment sponsorship including promotions, events, media and contracts
- Client management, plan development and event & project management support skills
- Good business writing and presentation skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes skills and on the World Wide Web
- Good understanding of sports sponsorship, preferably with client/service-based experience with agency or sports property
- Manage multiple tasks with a sense of urgency and demanding timeframes
- Support the management and cultivation of business relationships
- Experience working with the Asian market a plus|
- BA or BS degree, Master’s degree is a plus