Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS) was created by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 2001 in order to serve as the Host Broadcasting organisation for all Olympic Games, Olympic Winter Games and Youth Olympic Games. The Host Broadcaster is responsible for delivering the pictures and sounds of the Olympic Games to billions of viewers around the world. For more information visit www.obs.tv
The Broadcast Venue Manager (BVM) is overall responsible for the OBS Broadcast Operations at the assigned venue. In charge of the implementation and operation of the Host Broadcast facilities and services in the venue. Responsible for all venue-related functions, serves as primary point of contact with the Paris 2024 Organizing Committee Venue Functional areas representatives. Main contact along with the Production Manager for broadcast related topics with International Federation on site. Supporting and facilitating any possible issues related to Media Rights Holders implementation plans. Managing the Host Broadcast core management team on venue. Strong leadership and communication skills, as well as solid background in broadcasting operations and management make you an ideal candidate. Position locations at various sports venues.
Please note for these positions only candidates that are fluent French/English speakers with current residence in France can be considered.
- Oversee the installation/removal and asset management of all OBS equipment;
- Represent OBS at Paris 2024 Organizing Committee meetings;
- Resolve operational issues and escalate to the Broadcast Operation Centre (BOC) as necessary;
- Provide problem and conflict resolution in a diplomatic manner;
- Facilitate internal and external information flow;
- Assist Media Right Holders within the Olympic venue;
- Coordinate scheduled and ad hoc tours;
- Coordinate production crew requirements within the venue;
- Coordinate day pass access and supplementary devices;
- Managing broadcast budget on site and the daily Broadcast crew timesheets;
- Report daily to the Broadcast Operation Centre (BOC);
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in sport event Broadcasting preferably in an operational or production role;
- Ability to manage and organize several tasks within specific deadlines;
- Excellent problem solving abilities;
- Excellent command of English and French, verbal and written;
- Computer proficiency in MS Office;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
Workplace & Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- Indoor and/or outdoor sports venues;
- Outdoor sports venues are subject to varied weather conditions;
- Full time shift work including evening and weekends;
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks.
- These are approximately 1-month long positions that commence either in July or August and end August or September 2024, based on the event schedule.
- Current residence in France required