Senior Manager, Volunteering – ECB
We’re introducing this exciting role to oversee and deliver the volunteer action plan, all in line with the game wide strategy Inspiring Generations. The volunteer action plan is an evolving plan founded on insight and industry research to deliver a plan that will define the future of volunteering across the entire game. We have identified two priority volunteering audiences;
1. c. 42,000 club and league volunteers
2. Urban and community based volunteers
This role will focus on recruiting, training, and recognising those volunteers within clubs and leagues who are fundamental to the success of recreational cricket.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support, and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave, and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You’re a clear and articulate communicator, where influencing stakeholders and taking them on a journey is your key strength
- You have previous experience of delivering a project aligned with a strategy
- You have outstanding programme or project management skills, with experience in managing sizeable budgets
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Overseeing the entire volunteer action plan, including project management, consultant and stakeholder management overseeing working groups, steering groups and all strategy development tasks.
- Gaining an understanding of all the insights year on year to better support the needs of cricket clubs and leagues to best serve their communities.
- Working closely with the Community Volunteer Manager to ensure aligned volunteer support and recognition opportunities for all volunteer.
- Working with the Participation and Growth team and 39 County Cricket Boards to continually support clubs and league committees to embed best practise inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Leading the annual club and league engagement process, e.g. delivering a series of workshops for volunteers to attend and input on the evolving plans to ensure the recreational game thrives.
- Building relationships from the cricket community, to ensue volunteer feedback is fed into central plans. E.g. digital plans, club plans and international events etc
- Working with the wider P&G department to input on all touchpoints of volunteering across the department including national programmes volunteer engagement plans; Women’s and Girls’ volunteer engagement; network engagement plans
- Evidence of delivering a strategy / action plan and driving continual improvement
- Extensive project management experience.
- A superior track record establishing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships.
- Competitive salary – £50-£55k
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 29 November, 2023
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023