Senior Digital Content Manager – The FA
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men’s, women’s, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women’s Super League, FA Women’s Championship, and Vitality Women’s FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
90 minutes to change our world
We are excited to be searching for a Senior Digital Content Manager to lead the FA’s owned and operated digital team across England and competition brands. The successful candidate will oversee the direction of day-to-day output, in order to grow our channels and reputation both within and outside of the FA, in line with the Commercial and Marketing strategy.
- Leading the team of direct reports, including performance and career development with regular 1:1s, quarterly performance check-ins and development of performance development plans.
- Part of Content department’s leadership team, shaping and supporting overall strategy, culture and departmental processes.
- Devise brand-specific content strategies that support best-in-class output across domestic and international
- Overseeing day-to-day content, setting and improving standards, driving creativity and ensuring strong planning across the team, including visibility for key stakeholders.
- Play a key role in developing internal relationships, enabling other sections of the organisation to realise B2C and B2B content propositions.
- Play a key role to champion the use of data to inform the day-to-day content strategy and overall direction.
- Managing key external relationships, including core agencies, technical suppliers, social media platforms, etc.
- Drive innovation and content execution at significant competition events and international tournaments.
- Contribute to the success of campaign executions across commercial and broadcast partners.
- Support the FA’s equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives across our England and competition brands.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for?
- Evidence of consistent high-quality output and driving standards across B2C and B2B/B2B2C,
- Ability to translate brand plans into actionable content plans,
- Strategic thinking,
- Content planning,
- Creation of tone of voice/style documents,
- Strong stakeholder communication and collaboration (internal and external)
- Execution of marketing campaigns, brand activations and data acquisition,
- An interest in both men’s and women’s sport.
- Willingness to innovate and embrace new technology.
- Minimum five-years’ experience working in a similar role,
- Line management of a small or mid-sized team (objectives setting/career development support,)
- Managed a range of agencies and vendors,
- Calm under pressure,
- Commercially minded,
- Developed owned and operated content strategies for largescale channels (domestic and international.)
- Expertise producing highly engaging social media, website, and video content across all channels,
- Strong project management and organisation skills,
- Excellent editorial skills across owned and operated,
- Strong planning and organisational skills,
- Extensive experience using data analytics tools and systems,
- Highly creative,
- Passionate about content and standards,
- A broad understanding and appreciation of various content forms (lifestyle, technology, entertainment, etc.)
What we can offer you?
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George’s Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
This advert is live until 31st December 2022, however, if we find a suitable candidate in that timeframe there is a possibility the role may close early. Therefore, we highly recommend you submit your application as soon as possible.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 4 days ago
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023