Senior Brand Manager – The Hundred
The Hundred is a sporting event like no other. World class entertainment, the world’s best players and the women’s and men’s games on equal footing. It is the highest profile new sports event to launch in the UK for many years and received extensive media coverage, broadcast across Sky Sports and BBC Sport. The Hundred boasts partners who share our passion and energy for high-class sport and entertainment. The department is fun, energetic and lively with a “start-up” mentality.
As a Senior Brand manager you’ll be responsible for managing and executing The Hundred’s brand communications across all touchpoints and the management of a Brand Executive; as well as our Creative, Media and Production agencies. The Hundred’s aim is to broaden cricket’s appeal by engaging both current fans and attracting new audiences to the sport, and this role will be focused on growth audiences, particularly ethnically diverse communities, families and female audiences across England & Wales.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board represents all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You love building global brands that are fresh, modern and appealing to a diverse range of audiences.
- You relish the process of developing, delivering and evaluating insight-led, target-driven, integrated brand marketing campaigns.
- You enjoy building meaningful, collaborative relationships to deliver brilliant integrated work.
- You have a proactive approach to brand guardianship and brand growth.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead the delivery of The Hundred brand marketing campaign, in line with the wider audience strategy, to build brand awareness and drive attendances at men’s and women’s competitions in line with KPIs
- Manage the creative agency in creative development and execution and lead all production for The Hundred brand marketing campaign including photography, film shoots and content capture days.
- Manage and develop one Brand Executive and support them to deliver our brand and commercial objectives.
- Continually identify ways to align and integrate The Hundred brand, team brands and campaign across paid, owned and earned, working with our Digital, PR, Comms and Events teams to ensure the brand is communicated effectively across all touch points.
- Own the brand research and evaluation work, and ensure that key insights are fed into campaign development across all touch points.
- Work with the media agency planning resource to identity campaign learnings and insights and refine the media and creative approach to optimise performance.
- Work closely with the Ticketing, Digital and CRM teams to ensure the customer journey is optimised from end to end to drive conversion to ticket sales.
- Collaborate with Events and Venue managers to build a strong brand presence in each host venue during The Hundred competition, both visually and through the event presentation.
- Work with our Commercial partnerships team to deliver best in class partner induction and rights delivery.
- Collaborate with Sky and BBC to ensure The Hundred brand is integrated into broadcast and digital coverage.
- Manage key brand partnerships, such as The Hundred’s collaboration with BBC Music Introducing.
- Manage the development and delivery of The Hundred brand and lead on its relationship with the 8 team brands.
- Support the Head of Brand & Team Marketing to deliver the Audience Strategy and brand objectives.
- Manage the production and media budget for The Hundred
- Strong experience of brand management within any of follow sectors – events, music, fashion, gaming and sport.
- Demonstrable expertise in building integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive brand growth
- Considerable experience in media planning and media buying, if possible with our target audiences of families, females and ethnically diverse audiences.
- Demonstrable experience of end to end campaign management, including strong focus on translating insight and strategy into tactical delivery, and robust evaluation to inform future planning.
- Considerable experience in managing agencies and third-party suppliers to deliver campaigns or projects.
- A ‘finger-on-the-pulse’ with the latest brand and marketing trends.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to bring the best out in your team and peers.
- A natural ability to build relationships with an inclusive mindset and a proactive approach to managing a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for creativity in all aspects of your work.
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- The right to work in the UK.
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- Free gym membership at onsite gym at Lords
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games
- Free access to onsite gym at Lords Cricket ground
ABOUT THE HUNDRED
Now in its second year, The Hundred is a sports competition that fuses blockbuster entertainment with worldclass cricket, inviting everyone to fall in love with the game at its intense, electrifying, and incredible best.
Combining a new short, fast format of cricket, with each game lasting less than three hours, and incredible entertainment beyond sport, The Hundred will make cricket more accessible to reach a broader audience.
It’s simple: 100 balls per team, most runs wins, so every ball counts.
The Hundred features eight new teams from seven cities, with men’s and women’s competitions taking place side by side: Welsh Fire (Cardiff), Southern Brave (Southampton), Northern Superchargers (Leeds), London Spirit, Trent Rockets (Nottingham), Oval Invincibles (London), Manchester Originals and Birmingham Phoenix. Each team will feature some of the best international and domestic cricketers from around the world, including England Men’s & Women’s World Cup winners.
Games will be broadcast live on Sky Sports and BBC throughout the competition – so whether in ground or watching from home – you’ll be right amongst all the action.
Apply back to Jobs listings
At Manchester United we aim to be the best on and off the pitch – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets us…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 20 mins ago
At Quidich, marketing is about understanding people - and building awareness about our services. We’re looking for an experienced and versatile marketing manager who is…
Location: Mumbai, India
Posted: 25 mins ago
About The Role Race Promotion is a key pillar of Formula 1’s business, contracting and delivering the live platform where fans can experience the thrill…
Location: London, London
Posted: 1 day ago
Sports: Formula 1
What could you achieve at an agency with a genuinely game-changing offering that is creating demand from all major brands in sport, esports and gaming?…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 2 days ago
The new CEO will be BWB’s leader, representative and one of its ambassadors, acting as the primary contact for the Board, its partners, and stakeholders.…
Location: Loughborough, United Kingdom
Posted: 5 days ago
About the job Application Deadline: 13 October 2022 Department: Commerical Employment Type: Permanent - Full Time Location: London, UK Description The Premier League's Commercial team is looking for a…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 6 days ago