Partnerships Manager – EFL
The English Football League (EFL) is the largest single body of professional clubs in European football and is responsible for administering and regulating the Sky Bet EFL, Sky Bet Play-Offs, Carabao Cup and Papa John’s Trophy competitions.
Formed in 1888, the EFL is the world’s original and oldest league football competition. It has 72 member clubs, each of which embodies the unique heritage, pride and passion of the communities they represent.
The impact of EFL clubs goes far beyond and is more important than football and 90 minutes on a match day. EFL clubs actively engage, 365 days a year with the communities that surround and support them.
To manage and develop existing partner relationships for the EFL, including proactively driving agreements through a strong understanding of individual partners’ markets and business objectives, maximising the value of association with the EFL and its member clubs.
The successful candidate will be expected to ‘own’, manage and develop the EFL’s relationships with a number of key commercial partners. The role will include delivering on the following responsibilities to a high standard:
Commercial Partner Rights Delivery
- Effectively manage, organise and administer the delivery of all contractual rights for designated Official Partners, Official Licensees and/or Official Supporters as required
- Actively support other EFL departments in fully integrating partners as required
- Work collaboratively with all EFL Clubs to deliver designated partner rights as required
- Budget responsibility for designated partnership delivery REPORTING
- Agree clear and realistic objectives, KPIs and reporting requirements with designated partners
- Prepare high standard partner reports to report on the above
Internal and External Relationship Management
- Ensure EFL colleagues and departments understand relevant matters related to designated partner accounts on an ongoing basis, including support required from each department
- Develop knowledge of the wider EFL business
- Facilitate relationships and communication between the EFL and designated partner businesses at all levels
- Proactively drive partnership agreements through building a strong understanding of individual partners’ markets and business objectives
Person Specification Essential
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following Knowledge, Skills and Attributes that are essential to the role.
Knowledge & Understanding
- Excellent understanding of sponsorship rights agreements
- Consumer, brand and sponsorship trends in the UK and international marketplace
- The range of partnership rights, assets and initiatives offered by the EFL and other sports and entertainment rights holders
- The sports and/or entertainment industry as a brand marketing platform (direct
- experience working in the sports industry is advantageous but not essential)
Person Specification Desirable & Advantageous
- The following Knowledge, Skills and Attributes, although not essential, would be advantageous.
- An understanding of the EFL and its 72 member clubs
- A love of sport (especially football)
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience in a similar role in a sports or entertainment rights-owner, agency or brand
- University degree in Business or related subject
- Closing date – Thu 21st July
- Interviews – w/c 25th July and w/c 1st August
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 29 November, 2023
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023