Partnership Account Senior Manager – NBA
The NBA’s Basketball Operations, EME works to carry out the league’s strategy of growing the game of basketball by getting more youth participating in the game around the world. Based in London, this position will work across all business lines to develop, deliver and execute NBA Basketball School partnerships across EME. This position will provide administrative and project support for various partners within the department, with a focus on supporting the delivery NBA Basketball School camps and yearlong programs which will require oversight, administration, and execution of the program strategy in each country. This role requires business acumen and significant experience in basketball operations, coaching and youth engagement.
- Work closely with the NBA Basketball Operations team in NY to support the NBA’s overall objective to cultivate the next generation of global fans by expanding the NBA Basketball School program in Europe and Middle East.
- Manage existing NBA Basketball School partnerships working to develop a strong working relationship to support the partners operation and deliver of the program to meet business objectives.
- Work with BBOPs EME to explore new partnership across the region to meet key OKR’s and objectives.
- Support partners with the coordination, planning, coaching, organization and delivery of NBA Basketball School camps and full-time programs.
- Work with the NBA Elite Basketball team on global NBA Basketball School data collection, tracking and reporting process.
- Work with existing NBA Basketball School partners to oversee quality control and process.
- Lead on court coaching, instruction, and demonstrations of basketball drills at camps and youth clinics during NBA Basketball School programs.
- Ensure the NBA Basketball School curriculum meets the highest standard of excellence in teaching the game of basketball and life skills across the programs globally.
- Support NBA Basketball School local partners with additional program initiatives which includes, but is not limited to special camps, international tours, clinics, train the trainer programs, etc.
- Work closely with partners, NBA Academy team and scouts to identify top talent within our Basketball Schools programs to be selected as part of our talent pathway to participate in Jr. NBA Elite Camp and Basketball Without Borders programs.
- Assist partners in the hiring and placement of NBA approved technical directors and coaches for our NBA Basketball School programs.
- Work with the NBA Elite Basketball team and NBA Regional staff to develop NBA Basketball School coaches’ education program
- Support NBA Basketball School local partners with marketing, content, and social media strategy.
- Develop new business opportunities through research for potential NBA Basketball School partners in key markets.
- Fluency in English language. Additional language skills a plus
- Creative, strategic thinker – able to shape, develop and execute global strategy.
- International thinker and operator – appreciative of and well-versed in other cultures and business practices.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and the ability to work autonomously both in and out of the office.
- Strong project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple on-going projects
- Extensive knowledge of the international basketball landscape and the NBA’s international business and league operations.
- A thorough understanding of the youth sports landscape and elite basketball landscape in EME.
- Experience delivering basketball coaching at a high level to elite youth players and coaches.
- Ability to build a network of contacts throughout the global sports landscape that will help maintain solid partnerships for the NBA.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new computer programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to deliver coaching to elite youth players and coaches #
- 4-6 years elite basketball coaching experience with extensive experience in coaching youth players. Past playing experience a plus
- In depth knowledge of the game of basketball throughout EME and internationally.
- Experience in creating, planning, and executing all aspects of basketball development programs (youth/elite clinics, coaching clinics, camps, seminars, grassroots, etc.)
- Ability to develop creative solutions which will meet the objectives of prospective partners.
- Ability to work effectively in a multinational matrix organization and manage complex projects.
- A track record of self-starter attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Executives in Sport Group are retained on behalf of the NBA to appoint a Partnerships Account Senior Manager. All direct applications and CV’s will be forwarded to The Executives in Sport Group.
We ask that applicants complete our diversity monitoring form. You are not obliged to answer any of these questions but the more information you supply, the more effective our monitoring will be. All information supplied is anonymous and will not be viewed by recruiting managers.
Apply back to Jobs listings
The people who work off-track are as important to Formula 1 as those behind the wheel. As a Partnerships Manager, leading the partnerships account management…
Location: London, London
Posted: 17 hours ago
Sports: Formula 1
We are dedicated to the beautiful game and its development in every corner of the world and in all of its aspects. We are now…
This is an exciting opportunity to join our iGolf team. iGolf is England Golf’s programme for non-members of golf clubs who do not hold a…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 2 days ago
As the Senior Director Digital Growth - CONFIRMED, your role is to make CONFIRMED the leading branded channel for the premium streetwear consumer, growing our…
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posted: 5 days ago
The European Handball Federation’s Business Development and Marketing Department is looking to further strengthen its team with the appointment of a marketing manager.The successful candidate…
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posted: 5 days ago
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests,…
Location: Los Angeles, North America
Posted: 6 days ago
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a Manager to help improve our brand(s) and create engaging content for our various social media platforms. In…
Location: San Francisco , North America
Posted: 6 days ago
As a Premiership Rugby employee this role provides HR business partnering support to Premiership Rugby and also the United Rugby Championship based from our shared…
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posted: 7 days ago
Sports: Rugby union