Media Rights Manager – Tottenham Hotspur FC
Tottenham Hotspur FC
About the job
Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success, including our new world-class stadium.
The Club operates out of multiple facilities, including Lilywhite House, where the position of Media Sales Manager is based.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
To manage the commercial development of the Club’s Media, Content and Digital Rights programme.
To deliver substantial growth in revenue from the Club’s Media, Content and Digital Rights programme.
To ensure that the Club’s Media, Content and Digital Rights deliver maximum value for the broader commercial business in addition to directly attributable revenue.
- Develop, mobilize and execute a business plan for the ongoing and future commercial development of the Club’s media, content and digital rights.
- Research and identify potential media, content and digital partners for the Club, and build and cultivate relationships with such potential partners.
- Alongside the Head of Partnership Development and Head of Legal, negotiate and execute commercial agreements with prospective partners.
- Manage the Club’s partnerships with its media, content and digital partners ensuring both the Club and our partners derive maximum value.
- Work closely with internal departments to operationally deliver and execute key aspects of such partnerships (e.g. content production and distribution).
- Manage the Club’s relationships with its retained sales agencies and other relevant third parties that support the Club’s commercial activities.
- Work closely with internal departments to ensure the Club is deriving maximizing value from all available media rights (e.g. Partnerships, Content).
- Develop, maintain, manage and communicate a comprehensive understanding of all media rights available to the Club from competition bodies.
- Be a key representative for the Club in external forums on media rights (e.g. Premier League, UEFA, The Football Association, English Football League).
- Take the lead on the assessment, development and, as required, mobilization of new commercial media and content opportunities for the Club.
- Stay on top of industry innovations and trends to ensure the Club delivers to the highest standards and stays at the forefront of industry innovation.
- Manage, monitor and drive KPIs to ensure the Club meets and exceeds its financial targets.
- A natural self-starter
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Proactive, thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values and respects others, builds relationships, works well within a team
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Has a positive outlook and looks for solutions when challenged
- Excellent communicator to a diverse range of stakeholder groups
- Strong understanding of the media, content and digital rights landscape
- Passionate about the sports media industry
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the sports, media and entertainment industry
- Strong proven understanding of the sports media rights landscape
- Strong proven experience of successfully commercializing media and content
- Strong proven experience in building and managing professional relationships
- Proven ability to source, negotiate and execute commercial agreements
- Strong proven experience in building and managing rights-based partnerships
- An established network across key decision makers in the sports media industry
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Strong professional industry network
- Experience of working overseas is desirable
- Utmost proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Keynote
- A passion for sports, media and entertainment
Apply back to Jobs listings
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023
British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post: E-commerce Manager 37 hours per week Salary range circa £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) 39 days…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 September, 2023