Independent Chair of Audit Committee – UK Athletics
The successful candidate will join the UK national governing body of athletics, at the heart of a new vision and strategy for the whole sport, shared with the governing bodies in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. “Athletics Unified” sets out our role for the decade ahead in promoting running, throwing, jumping and pushing to everyone, with a clear pathway from the playground to the podium in the nation’s favourite Olympic and Paralympic Games sport.
- To act as the independent Chair of the Audit Committee, offering guidance, support, expertise and an objective perspective to the Executive and the Board on the key matters of financial strategy, financial affairs, and risk management.
- To ensure that the Audit Committee discharges its duties as set out in its terms of reference.
- To attend relevant Board meetings as required by the Board.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Evidence of success in your chosen career.
- Proven Audit Committee and/or risk management experience.
- Good all round business acumen with proven experience, skills and knowledge of the requirements to lead a successful business.
AS WELL AS
- Qualified accountant with proven experience in financial management and risk assurance so as to be a credible candidate to Chair the Audit Committee.
- Excellent communication, relationship and networking skills, able to represent UK Athletics to all our stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of Corporate Governance and Board responsibilities, accustomed to a high level of accountability.
For the full candidate brief and details of how to apply, please visit http://careers.ukathletics.org.uk/
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 7th August 2022.
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 29 November, 2023
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023