Head of Physical Performance – Manchester City
Manchester City Football Club’s Performance Services aim to create engaging performance environments that maximise team and individual potential. This post will contribute to MCWFC success by leading a team to provide evidence informed Sport Science & Strength & Conditioning support to pioneer performances of high skill and high intensity to compete for major trophies.
The role will provide team leadership, line management, quality assurance, and mentoring for a team of Sport Science, Strength & Conditioning, & Nutrition practitioners to work collaboratively with coaches, players, and the performance team to provide world class physical performance support in achieving the club’s mission.
Role specific accountabilities:
1-Lead & manage the planning, delivery and review of sport science/strength & conditioning and nutrition provision to MCWFC in line with the MCWFC Performance Services Strategy.
2-Lead & line manage the MCWFC Physical Performance Team (Sport Science, S&C & Nutrition) to ensure club-wide alignment to the Performance Services Strategy.
3-Work with the Head of Performance Services to develop and implement a Physical Performance & Nutrition strategy that aligns to achieving the MCWFC Performance Services Strategic Objectives.
4-Develop and oversee the development and delivery of monitoring systems that provide actionable insights to inform decision making across the multidisciplinary performance team.
5-Lead the ongoing development & delivery of a system of physical profiling aligned to the Physical Performance Strategy and that informs ‘What it Takes to Win’, Individual Development plans (IDP), and rehab/return to play programmes.
6-Work with coaches and your team of practitioners to ensure physical outcomes are achieved alongside technical/tactical/psychosocial outcomes through collaborative training programme design.
7-Work in collaboration with key members of the MDT to develop joined up approach to injured player management and rehab/return to play systems and processes.
8-Work with the Head of Performance Services to develop and implement a programme of needs-led learning opportunities for Physical Performance staff.
9-Lead the development and implementation of a Physical Performance student placement programme to identify and develop talented young practitioners/students.
Role specific knowledge, skills and experience:
- BSc in Sport Science, Strength & Conditioning or related area.
- A recognised postgraduate qualification (ie MSc) in Sport Science, Strength & Conditioning or related area
- UKSCA Accreditation or equivalent
- Extensive experience working in an elite sporting environment.
- Extensive experience of working effectively within a high-performing interdisciplinary team.
- Significant experience in a ‘lead’ role with responsibility for delivering physical change that impacts performance
- Significant experience in line management/mentoring of other practitioners
- An advanced ability to develop excellent relationships with key stakeholders (Players, Coaches, wider MDT) that enable challenge, support, and ability to positively influence the wider programme.
- An ability to reflect on current working practice & adapt as required.
- An advanced ability to utilise performance related data to inform practice
- Experience working in elite professional football.
- Previous experience working with elite female athletes/in Women’s sport.
- Previous coaching/mentoring training.
- BASES accreditation
- Experienced delivering/contributing successful physical change in complex injury rehabilitation/return to play programmes
- High level understanding of Performance Nutrition concepts applied to achieve physical change & performance
City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview.
Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Due to our safeguarding promise, all UK based CFG roles will be subject to a DBS check upon commencing employment with us. This will be either a basic, standard or enhanced check depending on the job role and responsibilities.
If you have any further questions about the role or your application, please contact Careers@CityFootball.com
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 29 November, 2023
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023