Head of Partnerships – Fulham FC
This exciting senior role is an opportunity to lead on the expansion of existing partnerships within the Club portfolio by creatively activating suites of assets / rights, securing multimillion pound renewals and being part of a progressive Commercial Team.
You will be accomplished in achieving difficult targets in a competitive environment, be able to strategically plan and be an influential communicator. Ideally, you will have experience of working in a values-driven organisation, using your advocacy and influencing skills to create an environment that leads to securing renewals and upsells the value of existing partnerships.
Your excellent written and verbal communications skills will enhance your ability to help shape strategic thinking and develop strong productive on-going relationships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Retaining and securing sponsorship partners for Fulham FC (and Fulham Pier) with a global remit from initial strategy planning and research through to engagement, building of a proposal and leading in contract renegotiations / negotiations
- Develop all partner and supplier relationships with the aim of renewing contracts and upselling additional opportunities;
- Work with partners to establish brand / marketing KPI’s and ensure these are delivered and exceeded
- Create renegotiation strategies and work with Head of Strategy and Research to develop the research and evaluation programme to prove return on the client’s investment;
- Build relationships with activation and sponsorship agencies to uncover opportunities and gather best practice ideas;
- Work with Sales team to deliver key meetings and experiences for prospective partners
- Development of bespoke activation proposals to suit the needs of individual companies, add value to our supporters and to bring the partnerships to life. Develop and deliver these proposals based on clients’ strategic agendas / timings and budgets;
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders;
- Manage commercial relationship with Governing Bodies to ensure contractual delivery of league partnership assets
- Work with key internal stakeholders i.e. marketing, ticketing, hospitality, finance, operations and communications etc. to ensure a collaborative, joined up approach to rights delivery and to create joint Club / client campaigns where possible to add value to the Club / client and supporters
- Compiling post event / end of season reports for core partners to prove return on investment;
- Manage the cost of sale budget;
- Work with the Fulham Pier Team on the procurement process to maximise contra / spend back and sponsorship opportunities associated with the build.
This role will require match day work, including evenings and weekends as required
The following qualifications and experience are essential:
- Proactively contacted senior decision makers where existing relationships may not have been held and effectively managed to engage and build client relationships
- Worked with contracts and negotiated commercial terms with legal support
- People Management experience
- Created high level sales presentations and presented proposals to clients in a pitch environment
Candidates should have strong project/campaign skills while being a strategic thinker with the ability to turn insight into business opportunities. It is essential for candidates to have advanced skills with Excel, PowerPoint and other advanced presentation software. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, driven by service excellence, flexible, resilient, and positive through change and under pressure of work. Candidates should have strong communication skills and have the ability to find solutions creatively.
Fulham Football Club acknowledges and accepts it has a responsibility for the wellbeing and safety of children, young people and adults at risk who are under the Club’s care or utilising the Club’s facilities. As part of Fulham Football Club’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children and adults at risk you will be required to obtain a check from the Disclosure & Barring Service. It is a criminal offence for a barred person to attempt to engage with vulnerable groups. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Fulham Football Club is committed to creating a diverse working environment and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability, or gender reassignment.
If you think you could add value to our team, please email your CV and completed application form to email@example.com.
Applications close: 9th November 2022
Apply back to Jobs listings
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023
British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post: E-commerce Manager 37 hours per week Salary range circa £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) 39 days…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 September, 2023