Director of Communications – UKAD
UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) is on a mission to protect clean sport and currently has an exciting opportunity available for you to join us. We’re looking to recruit a part-time Director of Communications, joining the senior management team to play an active role in the implementation of UKAD’s strategy.
£74,800 pro rata (22 hours per week (3 days) £45,711)
Hybrid (WFH/SportPark, Loughborough)
Type of contract
Permanent, part-time (22 hours per week)
You will build and deliver UKAD’s communication strategy, be responsible for leading the internal and external communications, and provide people leadership and direction to a small team of communications professionals. You will devise and implement targeted communication campaigns and assess the impact of communication activity across a range of measures.
Key result areas include:
- Devise and lead the implementation of a cohesive communications strategy
- Lead UKAD’s external communication of its core purpose, goals and delivery to key stakeholders including athletes, sports, the media.
- Lead the Communications team, setting the vision, direction, developing capability and generating a sense of common purpose.
- Lead the internal communication activity, ensuring effective and inclusive communications to UKAD’s workforce.
- Define key messages and positioning of UKAD, enhancing our reputation through understanding and being understood by key stakeholders and audiences including sports, government, international partners, and the media.
- Measure performance of communications activity, including digital content.
- Oversee and strengthen UKAD’s brand identities.
- Develop and maintain positive and constructive relationships with media organisations and stakeholders.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, play an active role in leading the organisation, working with the Chief Executive and other Directors.
- An experienced professional with demonstrable experience working in a senior management role in a communication related role
- Proven experience of risk and reputation communication management and working with the national media, both reactively and proactively.
- Experience of communication activities, including digital, publications, branding and public affairs.
- Proven experience in managing people, budgets and stakeholders.
- Experienced in building strong relationships with a variety of different stakeholders.
- An understanding/appreciation of the sporting landscape, and how best to engage with athletes and the wider sports community.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills both internally and externally.
Apply back to Jobs listings
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023
British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post: E-commerce Manager 37 hours per week Salary range circa £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) 39 days…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 September, 2023