Global Football Development Programme Coordinator – Tottenham Hotspur
Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London, with a global following of millions.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts, and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world’s leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health, and social inclusion programmes
Coordinate the planning, preparation, and delivery of a holistic coaching programme specific to college students, ensuring that all programme operations, logistics and coaching are delivered in a professional manner and adhere to all relevant Club policies, operating procedures, and coaching philosophies.
Establish and develop relationships with target groups (e.g., feeder schools, grassroots clubs, and the wider school network) to create awareness in the local area of the partnership between Notley High School and Tottenham Hotspur. This will help achieve the objective to increase participation within the school to enhance the progression of students into Braintree 6th Form.
- Oversee the development and delivery of a structured coaching programme aligned with the Global Football Development coaching syllabus/coaching cycle, ensuring players are developed technically, tactically, physically, and socially based on the Global Football Development philosophy.
- Observe coaching performance and provide effective feedback via PDR’s. Promote the Global Football Development pathway and actively identify and develop coaches who are ready to progress.
- Coordinate college match days including staffing, squads, and officials.
- Research current trends of coaching and continually look for ways to develop and improve your own coaching and best practice within all Global Football Development programmes.
- Facilitate regular meetings with staff to ensure that priorities are clear and identified targets are being met.
- Identify talented players and report via the Club TID process.
- Conduct a coach mentoring program for student coaches involved in the CEC.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including fellow coaches, college staff and students.
- Create video/interactive content to support the engagement of students and recruitment/promotion of the programme.
- Manage college recruitment promotion and talent identification process.
- Drive the recruitment strategy to support the growth and development of the programme with the aspiration to attract higher quality players each year. This will include future planning for a potential girls only programme in 2023/24.
- Attend weekly college programme operations meetings.
- Provide classroom support as required.
- Ensure that allocated staff hours are being used effectively.
- Identify and notify GFD Operations of any potential staffing/scheduling concerns.
- Provide monthly programme updates and case studies to Education & Football Development Centre Manager, highlighting student achievements, attendance figures and programme progression.
- Provide “end of term” programme updates to Education & Football Development Centre Manager on overall progress and development within the programme and collective feedback from coaches and students on future direction of programmes.
- Monitor programme performance against set targets and performance indicators.
- Conduct generic and dynamic risk assessments as and when required.
- Monitor kit & equipment regularly throughout the year and implement processes to minimise loss and/or damage of Club property.
- Provide outstanding customer service to the partner by supporting them with their contractual needs and liaising directly with the Education & Football Development Centre Manager/GFD central team.
- Coordinate the organisation of ad-hoc trips/events when required e.g., visits to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Training Centre etc.
- Understand and comply with all relevant Club policies.
- Understand and comply with the Club’s health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to the Global Football Development Coaching Code of Conduct.
- Promote, adhere to, and implement the Club’s Equality & Diversity Policy.
- Attend all Global Football Development in-service training events as required.
- Administer effective first aid and keep accurate records of any care provided to students.
- Act as Head Coach (or support) International Group Days, Half Term and/or other Global Football Development programmes as required.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be expected.
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Generate innovative ideas and strive to deliver the highest standard of service as possible.
- Alert – attentive and observant, able to make decisions quickly and adapting to situations.
- Proactive – think ahead rather than simply reacting in the moment.
- Able to work independently, showing initiative, taking responsibility, and thinking logically.
- Reliable – be able to commit to scheduled programmes and to be punctual.
- Passionate – taking great pride and enthusiasm in your work.
- Fantastic personal skills – good communicator: friendly, approachable, positive attitude.
Skills & Experience
Minimum UEFA B License (or working towards)
Level 2 FA Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) Qualification
FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
UEFA A License
FA Youth Award
FA Advanced Youth Award (or working towards)
FA Talent ID Level 2
Experience of working within a school and/or college environment
Right to Work Check
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates will undergo the following pre-employment checks prior to a start date being confirmed.
- Satisfactory right to work in the UK.
- Satisfactory written references (one must be from the most recent/current employer);
- Criminal record check’ (Enhanced DBS with Child/Adult Barring)
- Evidence of professional qualifications and education (where appropriate)
- Evidence of any Safeguarding training or certification (where appropriate)
All employment offers are conditional and based on the information being provided.
Apply back to Jobs listings
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023
British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post: E-commerce Manager 37 hours per week Salary range circa £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) 39 days…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 September, 2023
We are looking for a Data Analyst to provide insight to the Commercial function, with the ultimate aim of improving supporter experiences and maximising commercial…
Location: London, London
Posted: 31 August, 2023
Job Title – Creative Lead (Commercial - Partnerships) Department - Sponsorship Location – Stamford Bridge Hours – Permanent – 35 hours, any 5 from 7…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 21 August, 2023
As a Product Marketing Manager, Customer Data platform, you will successfully lead and run the SalesForce Data Cloud/CDP implementation project for the IOC, gathering business…
Posted: 10 August, 2023
World Rugby is the international federation responsible for the global development of Rugby. It’s strategic mission is to accelerate the growth of Rugby, inspiring more…
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posted: 10 August, 2023
Sports: Rugby union
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from…
Location: New York, North America
Posted: 10 August, 2023