Chief Executive Officer – British Swimming
In the new Chief Executive, the British Swimming Board is seeking an individual with excellent strategic acumen who can both define, and execute the next phase and the future of British Swimming. The Board is seeking to significantly increase and accelerate initiatives driving Performance, People, Partnerships and Influence and the next Chief Executive, by virtue of both their track record and their clear plan for British Swimming must rapidly give the Board, athletes, coaches and support staff confidence about the future direction. The Board is open to exploring new ideas for enhancing performance and generating revenues. British Swimming must continue to be trusted by all stakeholders in its reliability in delivering on the World stage.
- Proven experience of delivering sustainable performance and development in business, previous experience in the sports sector would be highly advantageous, but should not be a limiting factor, to include attracting and maintaining sponsorship funding or alternative methods of revenue generation
- Experience of navigating complex organisations and influencing multiple stakeholders
- A track record of delivering on strategic change programmes
- A highly collaborative leader, adept at influencing stakeholders, but willing to compromise as appropriate
- Experience of operating at Board level. Track record of delivering on a strategy
- Experience of international influence in sport is desirable.
- A creative thinker who is strategically and analytically astute.
- High aspiration level for British Swimming, its development and opportunities to increase revenues
- Passionate about sport, ambitious and driven with energy and charisma to achieve goals fast and get things done.
- Approachable and a good listener, with a willingness to challenge others and to be challenged
- Values driven, with the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Outstanding people leadership skills with a positive, constructive and open approach that will support, nurture and enhance the culture of the business.
- Fully hands on, leads by example, holds self and others accountable
- Understand rapidly the dynamics of the organisation, where it has come from, present strategy and stakeholder expectations.
- Refine, as appropriate, and clearly articulate the strategic plan for the business, gaining a deep understanding of performance, people and partnerships and the opportunity.
- Optimise the brand and the positive culture and review the current operating model to explore new ways forward.
- Leverage the expertise and wider networks of the Board, UK Sport and others to act as a sounding board on strategy.
- Champion innovation and creativity within the business, particularly with regard to improving performance and generating income.
- Ensure the organisation has the ability to respond to a rapidly evolving external environment.
- Knowledge of UK funding structure.
Executing for results
- In a highly competitive environment, ensure the organisation remains operationally excellent with a real focus on delivery and a high performance edge.
- With excellent commercial and financial acumen, continuously assess performance trends and rapidly identifying any issues.
- Work closely with the leadership team on the performance management framework.
- Constantly strive to improve performance in the business, with a culture to be the best in the World.
How to Apply
If you want to be considered for the position, please click ‘APPLY NOW’ and supply the following:
- An up-to-date CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements and preferred contact details.
- A supporting statement outlining suitability for the role and the value that your expertise will add to the board.
- Details of two referees who can speak authoritatively about you together with a brief statement of the capacity and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
- Proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
Apply back to Jobs listings
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023
British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post: E-commerce Manager 37 hours per week Salary range circa £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) 39 days…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 September, 2023