iSportConnect Masterclass+ – How to create engaging digital strategies to grow audiences for international federations
When: March 21, 2023 - March 21, 2023
Where: Quartier UNIL-Centre, Batiment Synathlon, 1015 Lausanne - Switzerland
iSportConnect Masterclass+ events provide senior executives with a platform to share and debate the opportunities and issues facing the business of sport.
They are half day invitation-only events which focus on solving real industry challenges through peer group discussion and provide an opportunity to network and learn from like-minds, building the relationships that will change the industry for the better.
The digitalisation of sport has created opportunities for International Federations to understand and directly market to fans as well as to create value for sponsors. However, the digital experiences open to sports fans continue to grow exponentially and the competition for attention and retention has never been more intense.
How do International Federations, irrespective of the resource they have access to, build digital experiences that keep fans coming back based on an understanding what connects fans with the sports they love?
Workshop 1 – How to use data to understand and connect with your audience
How do you decide what data sources are important to collect and interpret?
What role should first, second and third party data play for your organisation?
What regulations should you be aware of in respect of the collection of (first party) data?
What are the benefits of segmenting your audience and how do you get started?
Workshop 2 – How to create digital experiences that drive audience growth
How do you develop a simple business case to build a new digital experience?
How important is it to personalize digital experiences to your audience’s demographics and preferences?
What is the most effective way to involve your audience in the development of digital experiences?
How do you evaluate the success of a newly deployed digital experience?
9:30 – Registration and Networking
9:50 – Welcome to the event from ThinkSport and iSportConnect
10:10 – Data Presentation – Measuring Growth from Digital Strategies – Abbie Cockayne, Commercial Account Director, InCrowd
10:25 – Panel: Creating Engaging Digital Strategies to Grow Audiences for IFs
- Why digital transformation matters – both in terms of community engagement and commercial opportunities.
- How digital platforms – websites, mobile apps, video, live streaming, eSports (etc) have proven to be successful for sporting organisations.
- Creating a content distribution strategy using digital assets and social media channels.
- Leveraging a performance-marketing campaign, using audience intelligence, to strengthen engagement and deliver growth for a sports organisation – both in and out of competition.
- Best practice to work with athletes on digital channels and produce original content – both during events and in-between.
Valerio Cianfoni, Head of Special Projects, World Baseball & Softball Confederation
Adrien De Cheveigne, Head of Digital, UCI
Yasemin Wenzel, Marketing Manager, International Gymnastics Federation
Paweł Luberadzki, Head of Digital and Omnichannel Growth, KFC (Europe)
11:00 – Workshop 1 – How to use data to understand and connect with your audience
- How do you decide what data sources are important to collect and interpret?
- What role should first, second and third party data play in your organisation?
- What regulations should you be aware of in-respect to the collection of (first party) data?
- What are the benefits of segmenting your audience and how do you get started?
11:45 – Networking
12:15 – Workshop 2 – How to create digital experiences that drive audience growth
- How do you develop a simple business case to build a new digital experience?
- How important is it to personalise digital experiences to your audiences demographics and preferences?
- What is the most effective way to involve your audience in the development of digital experiences?
- How do you evaluate the success of a newly-deployed digital experience?
13:00 – Lunch and Networking
14:00 – End of Masterclass
Event begins in: