|USA Canoe/Kayak reaches out to the International Padlesports' community- Bob Lally|
With the U-23 Slalom World Championships in Wausau, Wisc and the Olympics this month, plus other Paddlesport Disciplines’ World championships this upcoming autumn, I believe it would be most appropriate to open up the dialog with all of the iSportconnect readers on who USA Canoe/Kayak is and how USA Canoe/Kayak plans on expanding its Global Presence and Influence.
As you would expect, this topic is one of our enduring strategic goals and we consider it critical to our overall success as an enterprise. To my international partners, we need your assistance; but, the paddle is in our canoe. USA Canoe/Kayak must act now, achieve, sustain ourselves and most importantly, be recognized as a strong partner to you - the international paddlesports’ community. In my view, the pillars that will support our enduring strong relationships are the values and ideals we all hold dearest. The values and ideals that immediately come to the forefront are upholding each other to the highest ethical standards, honesty, compliant, and trustworthy.
To gain the respect and build strong partnerships we seek and desire, USA Canoe/Kayak will act on, achieve and sustain efforts in the following areas:
• We will begin the process of strategically increasing our involvement and representation in the International Canoe Federation and Pan American Canoe Federation.
• To ensure the United States is speaking as one voice, we will align all of our international relations efforts with the United States Olympic Committee.
• We desire to expand USA Canoe/Kayak’s opportunities to host international events on our waters. We want to partner with the paddlesports’ industry to further and deepen international relationships – I believe there is no better partner than a trading partner.
• We will start coordinating and collaborating with our international partners to enhance paddle programs, training, and competitive opportunities to benefit all teams and athletes.
• And we will look to increase our participation in any and all global broadcast initiatives.
What we have jump-started and are doing here at USA Canoe/Kayak is real and exciting. As we roll up our sleeves, we are without question determined; we will succeed and we will put Paddlesports on the map equal to the most recognized Olympic sports.
Straight up, it is a privilege and honor to be the President of the USA Canoe/Kayak Board of Directors. As an enterprise, we are 100% committed to ensure success, we will be transparent in all our deliberations, our door is always open and we are available. Speaking on the behalf of USA Canoe/Kayak, I believe we can all make a difference as we journey together, make the tough calls, right decisions and enjoy each other’s partnerships and friendship.
About Bob Lally
Bob Lally currently serves as Colorado Technical University’s President for the Doctoral Studies and Dean for all security programs as it relates to Homeland, Cyber, Critical Infrastructure, Public Safety and Health.
Bob’s active duty Naval Aviation career spanned 28 years and he commanded in combat at multiple levels. His background includes a full spectrum of senior leadership and management from unit level organizations of some 200 people to 4000 Task Force level where readiness was essential to mission success. His military awards include the Defense Superior Service Medal, Legion of Merit (2), Bronze Star, Air Medal (2 Strike/Flight), and Navy Commendation Medals with two Combat Distinguishing devices.
Bob and his wife Katie have two children, Elizabeth (25) and Bobby (23).